2015-12-27

Christmastime at Home

These decorations are my mom's doing,
aren't they grand?
I apologize for the sporadic updates these days. As it's holiday season, I have been spending quite a bit of time with my family as well as working on other projects. I will restore my regular update schedule after the New Year.

Like Thanksgiving, this year marks my first Christmas with family since 2011. My actual Christmas day was pretty quiet with just me and my parents. We stayed in casual clothes, opened the couple of gifts we gave each other in the morning, then enjoyed Nigerian food for our main meal. Later that evening, my dad and I took a drive around our neighborhood, looked at the Christmas lights, and had a great discussion. 

I suppose our real Christmas was the day after. We had a few family friends over and ate a great meal—more Nigerian food! A great thing about being home right now is eating all the awesome food my mom makes although it threatens my waistline!


Christmas was not only a time for me to eat delicious food, but also a time to unwind and begin to reflect on the year. As we approach the New Year, I can't believe we're well past the mid-year of this decade! Time blows by, and I want to make it a point in the future to savor every moment with loved ones and attend to the hobbies and activities I love. The older I get, the more I realize time with family and living in the moment is important.
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment